These no-brainer kale chips are called “no-brainer” because they don’t really need a recipe at all. Mind you, there are definitely some important things that you need to remember before you make them for the first time – or second or third, no judgement – if you’re not confident in your kale chip-ing yet.
There are only three things you really know to make kale chips perfectly every time:
- Your kale must be dry before you put oil on (or else they won’t get crispy)
- Put your spices on after you bake them (or else they might burn)
- Adjust the temperature and time according to your oven
Kale chips are freaking delicious and pretty darn healthy. There’s really no reason not to make this nutritious little snack.
The spices are completely customizable so I included a few different flavour options that you can mix and match depending on your mood. Feel free to experiment with whatever you’d like, too!
No-Brainer Kale Chips Recipe
Small bunch of kale, washed, rinsed, and dried thoroughly
2 tsp good olive oil
3 pinches of finely ground salt
Cajun seasoning (salt-free)
Steak spice (salt-free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Tear kale into bite-sized pieces and toss with olive oil and salt
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until fully crispy (you may want to keep a close eye on them during the last few minutes to prevent burning)
- Toss gently with spices of your choosing