I’m thrilled that I was able to publish “The Essential Guide To Freediving For Crab On The Sunshine Coast” with Sunshine Coast Tourism BC!
It’s amazing to see public interest in wild food, foraging, and hunting growing by leaps and bounds over the last few years. I feel really lucky to be able to contribute a tiny bit to the urban homesteading and hunting communities in the West Coast, Canada, and the Pacific Northwest in my own little way.
Here’s an excerpt from the Sunshine Coast crab foraging article:
But there’s no reason to limit yourself to just exploring when you could be getting a meal out of your dive. The beauty, freedom, and uniqueness of freediving for crab on the Sunshine Coast makes it a singular tourist experience that can’t be replicated anywhere else. There’s absolutely nothing like harvesting your own dinner from nature for free.
- West Coast marine life that you may see freediving in the area
- Water temperature in the Sunshine Coast
- Tide tables specifically for the Sunshine Coast, BC region
- Freediving wetsuits suitable for the location
- The tasty guide to harvest crabs by freediving in BC
- BC fishing regulations for crabs
- Local crab shops on the Sunshine Coast (just in case)